Wednesday 24 October 2007

Celebrity-Interracial-Couples (Three)

Taye Quote: On being married to someone of another race:"I know that it disappoints some people and I can understand that. I don't tolerate it but I can understand that. But I think when it comes down to it, people are just much smarter than that." Idina Quote: On receiving threats for being married to someone of another race: "I just wish people were more tolerant, understanding - it's such a ridiculous thing to get worked up about. How is it any of this guy's business?" "Tidina": The CoupleTaye and Idina were married in January 11, 2003. In 2004, they were in the news after People Magazine reported they received hate letters and threats for being "sellouts to their races." The offender was later taken into police custody.
"Tidina" - is a term coined back in 1996, way before the "Bennifer" phenomenon, by hardcore New York RENT fans. It's a combination of "Taye (Diggs)" and "Idina" because the couple was always seen together before and after the show. It has stuck ever since (for devoted fans, at least).
Besides RENT, the two have also performed together in:
The Today 4 U benefit; singing Jon Larson's "You Call My Name" Idina's adorable/steamy music video for "Minuet" The off-broadway musical "The Wild Party" The film "Just a Kiss" (2002) - InterracialFriends

No comments: